Cory and I both had deer tags this year so we packed up the kids and moved up to Kody and Brittney's cabin for a weekend. The kids were in heaven playing in the dirt, climbing on rocks and keeping their eyes peeled for deer. We did quite a bit of road hunting (FYI Luke gets car sick) because of the kids, but one evening Cory and I decided to take the kids and hike (it was more like a slightly sloped down-hill walk) to find the monster buck. The kids were so excited and said they could be sneaky and quiet, but we should have known better. As soon as we got out of the truck, Luke started jumping from excitement. He was very good about whispering, but couldn't keep his feet still. Brett, was just opposite from Luke (go figure). He would tiptoe through the trees, but couldn't keep his mouth shut. In fact, we were looking down both sides of a big ravine (Brett went with Dad, Luke with Mom) and Luke was waving really big, jumping up and down then hiding behind bushes so the deer couldn't find him, and Brett was screaming across the canyon, " Hi Mom! Hi Luke! Hi Luke and Mom! Hi...." We got a good laugh, but didn't see anything as you could probably guess. The fun part of the experience is when Luke got tired and I carried him to the truck, which wouldn't be a big deal except I'm 6mo. pregnant, out of shape, and the walk back was up-hill, with a gun. We went back up the mountain and out west quite a few times throughout the week hiking through the mountains. Overall our hunting experience this year was a little frustrating but I actually enjoyed being in the mountains and hiking around with Cory and the Kids in search of Unicorns (Cory doesn't think Deer and Elk really exist anymore).
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
It's Hunting Season
Cory and I both had deer tags this year so we packed up the kids and moved up to Kody and Brittney's cabin for a weekend. The kids were in heaven playing in the dirt, climbing on rocks and keeping their eyes peeled for deer. We did quite a bit of road hunting (FYI Luke gets car sick) because of the kids, but one evening Cory and I decided to take the kids and hike (it was more like a slightly sloped down-hill walk) to find the monster buck. The kids were so excited and said they could be sneaky and quiet, but we should have known better. As soon as we got out of the truck, Luke started jumping from excitement. He was very good about whispering, but couldn't keep his feet still. Brett, was just opposite from Luke (go figure). He would tiptoe through the trees, but couldn't keep his mouth shut. In fact, we were looking down both sides of a big ravine (Brett went with Dad, Luke with Mom) and Luke was waving really big, jumping up and down then hiding behind bushes so the deer couldn't find him, and Brett was screaming across the canyon, " Hi Mom! Hi Luke! Hi Luke and Mom! Hi...." We got a good laugh, but didn't see anything as you could probably guess. The fun part of the experience is when Luke got tired and I carried him to the truck, which wouldn't be a big deal except I'm 6mo. pregnant, out of shape, and the walk back was up-hill, with a gun. We went back up the mountain and out west quite a few times throughout the week hiking through the mountains. Overall our hunting experience this year was a little frustrating but I actually enjoyed being in the mountains and hiking around with Cory and the Kids in search of Unicorns (Cory doesn't think Deer and Elk really exist anymore).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment