Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My 6 week nightmare

So, I have heard that three children is the new eleven, but didn't understand until our third came. Cory and I are now outnumbered and although Braydi is the most perfect adorable baby, we still have two other children that require a lot of attention as well. My six weeks home was definitely an adventure with the added responsibility, but many other things happened in our home as well. I'll list the events in order that they took place
1. I got the stomach flu, Braydi was only 1 1/2 weeks old
2. Brett Put a Rock up his nose. So, being his not so intelligent parents at the time tried tweasers first and when that didn't work, tried the vacuum. We were holding down Brett while he was screaming with the vacuum stuck to his nose, Luke was hysterical screaming "is he gonna die, is he gonna die," Braydi was screaming because everyone else was, and the vacuum actually pushed the rock in farther. We ended up getting x-rays done of his sinus cavity. Aparantly, the rock went straight through and out the other end and he is alright after all.


4.Luke and Brett had massive ear and throat infections, they got put on antibiotics and Braydi had a mild case of RSV.
5. We Wrecked our car. We were minding our own business at the stoplight by walmart and someone ran a red light in front of us. Two cars crashed and then richoched into us. We had all three kids in the car and ironically talking about selling the car to get something bigger. The kids were scared to death although no one was hurt. This is a pic of me right after the accident waiting for the cops to sort things out.


5. I got food poisoning from eating frozen burrito's and I have never been so sick in my whole life I puked my guts out for four hours straight and thought I might die a few times.
6. After the food poisoning, I got dehydrated and developed kidney stones and had a kidney infection. (NOT FUN)
7. Cory had acute bronchitis and Brett went on his second round of antibiotics
8. Cory's Grandma Langston passed away


9. We sold our car after getting it back, and are still a one car family
10 We locked our keys in our one car in st. george, called a locksmith and then found the keys in my pocket right after the locksmith arrived. He made us pay him the 75$ charge for coming even though he never got out of his van.

And all of these things happened before I returned to my job.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my heck you guys!! What a crazy six weeks. I hope things calm down for a while and everyone stays healthy!

Lisa Riddle said...

Wow going back to work is going to feel like a vacation! Braydi is adorable. She definitely looks like she belongs in the family. I can't wait to meet her in person.

Deruchette said...

WOW!! You guys have been busy!! I hope things are looking much brighter today :) Three kids do keep a mom busy....I totally understand!!

Our Family said...

You have had enough drama for the both of us! Glad you all made it through!